Wednesday 23 August 2017

Exotic Packaging: House of Bruar Biscuit Tin

House of Bruar is a shop in darkest Perthshire. They sell a large range of clothes, lots of outdoor clothing, boots and shoes, very nice cord trousers.... They also have a food hall, a range of presents, some artwork. A whole lot of stuff. And a nice restaurant too because for many people going to the House of Bruar is a day trip.

The last time I was there I bought lemon curd biscuits. In this handsome tin. I find that a tin of biscuits makes a great present for pretty much anyone. All you have to do is match the biscuit to the recipient. I expect I bought this tin as a present for the Chef; he loves lemon. You can probably find a present to suit almost anyone at a shop that sells tasty biscuits in fancy tins: your grandmother, the Pope, the Queen, your best friend. Delete as applicable. Do you suppose the Pope likes lemon curd biscuits?
Sadly I don't know if House of Bruar still sell these biscuits. Or these tins. I haven't been to Scotland for a while. They have a great website which does include meat and cheese, but not biscuits.

So if you are anywhere near Blair Athol perhaps you should check for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment