Friday 11 August 2017

A Little Bit of Chocolate Does You Good: Mathez Fine French Cocoa Dusted Truffles

These truffles were completely delicious! Soft dark chocolate - soft but not gooey soft - covered in cocoa powder that I had to lick off my fingers.  Extremely moreish.
And came in a fine tin too but it isn't a classic design so go it must.

I wish I could remember who gave me this very large tin of chocolate truffles. I mean, a whole kilo of chocolates! That's a lot. More than a lot. A very generous present. I do recall that the present giver was someone unexpected, someone I didn't know very well. And I was very surprised. But..... Who was it?
I remember where I was living, I remember thinking these were the best chocolates ever, I remember the tin contained two separate baggies of truffles. And I think I'm remembering much of it wrong because the sell by date is August 2003. How wrong can my memory be?

Why can I remember what I did in the summer of 1965 (went to the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam for the first time and fell in love with their amazing dolls houses) but not who gave me this handsome present.

Made by Mathez in France: chocolatier depuis 1934. I don't have a photograph of these sensational chocolates because I scoffed the lot years ago. I wish I had more.

I have written up several different tins over the last couple of days and completely failed to take a good photograph of any of them. I have wander the house closed the curtains, opened the curtains again, tried near the wind, tried away from the window. And none of my photos is without huge reflections. I guess I'll just have to put up with that.

1 comment:

  1. I don't suppose you've still got this tin, have you, and still want to part with it? If so I'll buy it off you. I use one of these to melt wax in order to dip candles, and I've managed to poke a hole in mine. If you still have it and would be willing to sell, I'm at whitehound@madasafish.com.

    ReplyDelete