Saturday 14 June 2014

A Little Bit of Chocolate Does You Good: Lindt Hello My Name is Strawberry Cheesecake


I've been neglecting this blog recently because there are oh so many different kinds of crisps to write about, so here's a random bar of chocolate I picked up at Geneva Airport in April. Can it really be called Hello My Name is Strawberry Cheesecake?  Unfortunately it seems the answer is yes.

The packet says milk chocolate with strawberry cream cheese filling. Which is right I suppose.

The pale pink cheesy filing does taste of strawberry but there's also a sort of gritty element which I'm not mad about. On closer inspection it turns out to be tiny specks of cheesecake base. I'm not really convinced that's such good idea. There are also teeny little bits of dried strawberry - I think - which look pretty and are a little bit tart. And there are some strawberry pips too which I'm not wild about.

The filing is quite sweet and the milk chocolate is rather sweet as well. It's all a little bit sickly sweet. I wonder if this filing would have worked better with dark chocolate?






No comments:

Post a Comment