Monday 14 October 2013

Purple!

A little bit of purple to start us off. Here are some amethysts; beautiful stones much cheaper than, and to my way of thinking, by far prettier than diamonds.

And here's my beautiful old pencil case. I got it years ago in Harrods Small Leather department. They mostly sell handbags and purses. I never found out if Harrods has a Large Leather department. And if they do, what would it sell? Suitcases? I've used this a lot and it's got a little battered. I think the strange white dribble is body lotion. I keep thinking I ought to get a new pencil case but this is exactly the right size, it still works, and it's a lovely colour. A bit more purple than this photo shows.

This gorgeous silk scarf comes from a shop in Venice called Venetia Studium. It's all very fine bringing home a model of a gondola or maybe a little glass octopus, but you can't wear a gondola. I expect you could wear an octopus if you had a full sized one but it probably wouldn't smell very good. Anyway, I'll stick with a silk scarf thanks. Apparently you can buy  Venetia Studium products in London these days, and of course you can buy them online too; at frighteningly high prices. Somehow when you're on holiday and buying something in Euros it doesn't really click how much money you are actually spending. I'm sort of relieved, having looked online, that the scarves I have are by no means the most expensive. I could have spent three times as much as I did. Maybe one day.... 

This is a much less expensive little scarf I found in a catalogue and bought in the sale. Anyone out there remember tie dye? My mother got really fed up with the number of pillow cases I walked off with to practise my tie dying skills. Which weren't very good. I'm probably still alive to tell the tale because I never took one of her precious linen pillow cases.

A beautiful purple hollyhock in our front garden. And a purple sequin skirt. I bought it when I was really depressed and I couldn't afford it. But just owning such a fabulous thing cheered me up no end. It doesn't fit anymore but I couldn't possibly get rid of it. The green background is my wardrobe door.



This is our fabulous purple bath. In our fabulous purple bathroom. I took this photo when the decorators were still in; hence the cardboard on the floor, but it's the best picture I have of the bath. 

And finally a really pretty plate. The pattern is called Prunus which is Latin for a cherry or plum tree. And the colour is prune. Which of course is a dried plum. This really is a lovely plate. Not quite sure why I like it so much.

Purple is such a great colour it's hard to go wrong. And I probably have quite a lot more purple stuff to come.








No comments:

Post a Comment